Located between Cannes and Nice, Juan-les-Pins is a town and health resort in the peaceful commune of Antibes. It is a jet-set destination where travelers from all over the world leave their cares behind and truly unwind.
Within these sun-soaked beaches, lined with fine grained sand and cut with small inlets, you’ll see the many stone pine trees that give the area its name. When the area was established in 1882 it was no more than a simple fishing village, but these days it is one of the most glamorous holiday towns on the coast.
This destination is the perfect place to head if you want to do nothing but soak up the sun, dine on delicious food and relax in a slow rhythm of the French Riviera for a while.
If you are lucky enough to visit in July, you will be able to partake in
one of the most exciting events of the year – the Jazz a Juan Festival. This jazz music festival brings the small coastal town to life, with rolicking outdoor concerts performed in a pine tree grove near the Mediterranean. The festival has hosted many jazz greats throughout the years, including Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Ray Charles and Dizzy Gillespie.
What to Do There
Planning a relaxing getaway in Juan-les-Pins? There are so many things to see and do in this stunning French Riviera destination.
Here are a few things that you can enjoy on your vacation.
- Visit the stately historic Hotel Le Provencal, which has hosted famous guests including Lilian Harvey, Jack L. Warner, Man Ray and Charlie Chaplin.
- Take a day trip to Grasse, a nearby village that is known for its history of perfume making. You can visit the perfume museum or one of the local perfumeries and see how wonderful scents are crafted from native species of violet, mimosa, jasmine and rose.
- Explore the Old Town of Antibes, a medieval quarter with a lovely marketplace that is bustling with vegetables, fresh fruit, flowers and more.
- Walk along the city ramparts, which offer a stunning panoramic view of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Relax on one of the 13 public beaches along the Juan-les-Pins coastline.
- Check out the fascinating Musee Picasso, a museum dedicated to the work produced by the famous artist when he lived in the Cote d’Azur. The building itself is a stunning stone castle with views of the sea.
- Enjoy the five kilometer coastal walk along the seafront of the Cap d’Antibes, a winding footpath that stretches alongside private castles, rocky headland and gorgeous landscaped gardens.
- Visit Fort Carre, which was a fortress built during the rule of King Henry II in the 16rh century.
strong>Juan-les-Pins will lull you into a tranquil state of holiday bliss, so why not unwind by the seaside in this
glamorous French village?