Golden stretches of sand, the calm crash of waves and cocktails at lunchtime. These are surely the perfect ingredients for a perfect holiday?!
Maybe so, but a growing number of individuals are turning to ‘detoxing holidays’ as their new ‘fun in the sun’.
Wellness travel, as it’s known, is nothing new. However, with busy lifestyles being prohibitive to total detox, many feel the need to take themselves away for at least a week, to rehabilitate and reset their systems.
As a result, there’s a growing number of destinations catering to total escape. Here we cover a few – old and new
The Great Escape
The Body Holiday in Saint Lucia is one of the best-known resorts for a glorious get-away. As well as a never-ending menu of exercises classes, the resort promotes the importance of a good diet. Should your mission be to detox in the sunshine shores of the Caribbean, it doesn’t get better.
Further flung, The Sanctuary in Thailand is less pampering, more rural – since it’s set in a real jungle. Eating healthy is key to its ethos, with raw and detox menus available for those looking to completely cleanse.
Attracting a celebrity following, Soho Farm House in Oxford offers a relaxing get-away within the UK. Ideal for a meditative detox, especially with its cowshed spa, guests can take advantage of its sports facilities, including tennis courts, horse stables and a variety of pools.
Don’t Forget To Pack
Here’s a few essentials you might want to pack for your detox break:
- Wellbeing app – if the WiFi is banned, you can at least turn to your app for some meditative chill time.
- Relaxing Candles – if there was ever a reason to visit Jo Malone! Relaxing candles will help get you in the zone.
- The Organic Holiday Kit – an investment piece that considers all the essential oils you need for going away in handy 100ml travel size. A decadent piece of luxury to take with you – snap it up here now, you won’t regret it!
- Sunblock – if you’re planning to partake in yoga in the sun, be sure to leave with a healthy glow.
- Detox Teas – keep your detox on track with your favourite herbal tea.
- Yoga Mat – don’t miss the opportunity to ‘plank’ at sunset, your own yoga mat will be worth its weight in all the chocolate you won’t be eating!
- Honey On The Go – this isn’t just any honey, but raw Manuka honey from New Zealand where the beekeepers even talk to the bees! Conveniently packaged in 24 convenient pots, this is one staple to bring on a wellbeing trip. Delicious honey is a great addition for breakfast and snacks, or enjoyed straight from the pack. Stock up here before you go!