If you don’t wake up in the morning with a spring in your step, you might benefit from the right soundtrack to your workout.
Research has shown that listening to music during exercise can increase physical capability and lessen the perception of fatigue, that so many of us suffer from. (Source: Psychology Today)
Here are ten tracks to add to your playlist and help ease you into your workout as well as uplift and motivate
- Ethiopia – E Shibabaw & Bill Laswell (Play here)
A luscious gentle track, with meditative style chants to ease you into the day, sending out all the right vibes.
- Cool – Le Youth (Play here)
The perfect song to transition to a faster beat, also a favourite on Davina McCall’s workout videos!
- Feels – Calvin Harris (feat Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean) (Play here)
Still on the happy vibe, the latest song from Calvin Harris is sure to bring sunshine and smile wherever you are. We “Just wanna feel it from you” as Katy Perry sings.
- Happy – Pharrell Williams (Play here)
From one classic Pharrell to another. The ultimate track to keep you going.
- Poor Leno – Royksopp (Play here)
Step it up with Rokysopp, as your workout gets more intense and builds.
- Pjannoo – Pete Tong and the Heritage Orchestra & Jules Buckley (Play here)
If you have the album you’ll know how perfect the collaboration of house and strings are. Break into a sweat with this breakout track.
- Power – Little Mix (feat. Stormzy) (Play here)
A powerhouse of a song with a solid baseline to pump iron to!
- Run Up – Major Lazer (feat Partynextdoor & Nicki Minaj) (Play here)
Fresh from Glastonbury, this song has a festival feel to it and brings the tempo down a level for cooling down.
- The Lazy Song – Bruno Mars (Play here)
Chill – you’ve earnt it! A buzzy little song to wind down to, as you start to breathe and relax.
- Sunrise – Norah Jones (Play here)
And relax! The treat you’ve been waiting for. Bring it back home with Norah and her beautiful voice.